Book 1 should be free. I checked up on the version at amazon.co.uk, and it was not listed as free, so I've contacted Amazon to correct the problem. If you've recently paid for Book 1, you can either go through the official rigmarole reporting a lower price, or straight request a refund and
"I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
We have minimum list prices that we require to accept KDP books for sale on the Kindle Store. However, sometimes we match free promotions on other sales channels, and we may do that in the future for this or other titles.
We're sorry we haven't been able to address your concerns to your satisfaction. We will not be able to offer any additional insight or action on these matters."
In light of this distressing lack of transparency, of fickleness, apparently arbitrary pricing, I have alerted Amazon that I will be reconsidering my marketing and distribution strategy, especially since Book 3 is currently an Amazon-exclusive title.
Still, for the sake of consistency, because Book 1 is still free on amazon.com, and because the book could be listed as free again in the UK, I will leave the book listed on amazon.co.uk for the time being.
No comments:
Post a Comment