Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Parody of "Mary Jane's Last Dance" that Summarizes Book 2


Captain Ducane’s Last Chance

We came in off a shady port town,
Had a shady rebel guide who lead us around,
But he lead us true, and ‘e lead us right
To a battleship together one fateful dark night.

Kaeif joined th’ other day, lookin’ nasty and mean,
Nearly blew us away, but he’s more than he seemed.
We were introduced and we all started groovin'.
He said, "Don’t trust you, really, but we got to keep movin'... on."
Keep movin' on...

Last chance with Cap’n Ducane,
Only one boat to get us all away.
I see Devidisians creepin' in.
I don’t wanna get captured again...

Well, I don't know, but I've been told:
You never cross Ruin if you wanna grow old.
I'm tired of push-ups, tired of going down,
Tired of this ship, but I don’t wanna drown.

Oh, no way! What have we become?
Everyone, put on that black uniform.
Give us a rank, pretend to play along...
Take it all in stride, 'cause we won't stay long.

Last chance with Cap’n Ducane,
Only one boat to get us all away.
I see Devidisians creepin' in.
I don’t wanna get captured again...

There's soldiers swarming the island now.
Ducane wants to trust us, but he doesn’t know how.
Check out our story with an enemy goon.
Reinforcements will be coming soon...

Oh, no way! What have we become?
Better take off the enemy uniform.
I’m going after the Wind Diamond alone,
Snatch it out of thin air, and head for home.

Last chance with Cap’n Ducane,
Only one boat to get us all away.
I see Devidisians creepin' in.
I don’t wanna get captured again...

No comments: